Global Issues Requirement
Global Issues Requirement 0 credits
Goals of Global Issues Requirement
Students will understand global issues and how they affect the human community. Student Learning Outcomes: As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of global issues.
- Identify and analyze global issues including how multiple perspectives impact such issues.
- Identify the benefit and cost implications of global issues.
- Interpret global issues and data utilizing discipline specific analytical and/or philosophical tools.
- Reference knowledge from international sources, including sources that may be fragmented, conflicting, and multidisciplinary.
- Identify issues related to family and national origin as they relate to global issues.
- Directly and constructively address cultural differences and similarities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of global issues.
|Global Issues Requirements|
|Global Issues Component||0|
|ARTH 211 History of World Art I|
|ARTH 212 History of World Art II|
|ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ENGL 211 World Literature I|
|ENGL 212 World Literature II|
|GEOG 101 Introduction to Geography|
|HIST 121 Western Civilization I|
|HIST 122 Western Civilization II|
|HIST 256 World History|
|HUM 254 World Civilizations
|MUS 100 Music Appreciation|
|SOC 285 Information Society|
|SPAN 101 Introduction to Spanish I|
|SPAN 102 Introduction to Spanish II|
|SPAN 201 Intermediate Spanish I|
|SPAN 202 Intermediate Spanish II|
|THEA 100 Introduction to Theatre|
|THEA 200 Theatre History|
|THEA 201 Film Appreciation|
|NOTE: Students MAY USE the same course to meet both an System-wide General Education requirement and a Global Issues Requirement.|