System-wide General Education Requirements
GOAL 7: Information Literacy 0 credits
Students will recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, organize, critically evaluate, and effectively use information from a variety of sources with intellectual integrity.
Student Learning Outcomes: As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Determine the extent of information needed.
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate information and its sources critically.
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- Use information in an ethical and legal manner.
Students will have met this Goal when they complete Goal 1 Written Communication and Goal 2 Oral Communication.