Major Academic Plans (MAP)
Each major at Dakota State University has a MAP (Major Academic Plan), created to guide students in the timely completion of their degree requirements. You can:
- use the 4-year Major Academic Plan (MAP) as a tool to help you graduate in four years!
- refer to your MAP to plan the sequence in which you take your courses.
- use your MAP to illustrate an efficient path toward completion of your degree. Most general education courses (those that aren’t needed as prerequisites for other, major-specific courses and/or that don’t need to be taken prior to proficiency testing) are interchangeable throughout the various semesters.
- use your MAP as a checklist to make sure you are completing all your graduation requirements.
- use your MAP to identify opportunities to take elective courses in addition to your major - perhaps incorporating a minor, study abroad or internship.