Financial Aid

In order to receive Federal Financial Aid, the U.S. Department of Education requires that students maintain satisfactory academic progress toward completion of a degree. All students must meet minimum academic progression standards established by the Board of Regents. These standards are based on the student's cumulative grade point average and a term grade point average. To review complete details about these standards, review the University Catalog's Financial Aid section under the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy heading.

A student who fails to meet minimum progression standards and who, therefore, is placed on academic suspension is also placed on financial aid suspension. A student who is reinstated academically is not automatically guaranteed financial aid reinstatement. The student must complete a separate Financial Aid Reinstatement appeal form to explain mitigating circumstances.

An appeal form is available here: Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form.

All such appeals are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. For complete information, see the University Catalog's Financial Aid section under the Appeal of Financial Aid Suspension heading.

More information on Financial Aid click here or visit http//

Last Updated: 12/5/13