DSU Admission Team
DSU Admission Team
Title: Senior Admission Counselor
Recruitment Territory: Out of State & Sioux Falls/surrounding area
A little about me:
Hello, I'm Amber!
Well, for a little information about me, I grew up in Sioux Falls, SD and graduated from Roosevelt High School. After high school I decided to go to school at Dakota State University where I graduated in Computer Graphic Design and played softball. I loved the smaller collegiate atmosphere and connections you can make with your professors.
I love being an admissions counselor here at DSU because I can share my personal experiences with prospective students, and help get students excited about college. I loved Dakota State and would be more than happy to tell you more about why.
I was recently married in November of 2011 in Las Vegas with some of our closest friends and family members. Then in October of 2012 we had our first son, Nolan. I like being active and staying busy with sports and enjoying the outdoors. And I’m a foodie and love trying new things and love me a good steak!
10 Interesting Facts About Me:
- I love sports. Played several growing up, but continued playing softball through college.
- I am absolutely petrified of snakes. I can't even look at them.
- I'm a huge weeny. I have a very small pain tolerance, and I don't really like getting hurt.
- My favorite time of the year is the fall.
- The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, I love fireworks!
- Love watching movies, have too many favorites to pick just one.
- Classic rock is my favorite genre of music.
- I have a really awesome dog! He’s half American bulldog, half boxer and goes by the name Hank.
- One of my favorite quotes is by Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."
- My favorite pizza is a thin crust pepperoni with black and green olives.