Contact the Business Office
DSU Business Office
820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 57042
Located on 2nd floor Heston Hall
Line Charges: $20.00/per month
Voicemail: $6.00/per month
Physical Plant rate: $25.24/hr
SDN rate: $40.00
Physical Plant will try to fix the line first but if they cannot fix it, they have SDN look at the line.
If there is trouble with a phone line and you have done the troubleshooting as noted below, the department office assistant needs to complete a work order in Sprocket and include the below information.
- Phone number of the line that is having problems.
- Building and room number where line is located.
- Description of the problem.
- Index the charges should be billed to.
If you are having trouble with your phone, before you submit a work order, first check to see if it could possibly be the phone or phone cord. Try plugging in a different phone and/or phone cord. If you find the problem is either phone or phone cord, they can be replaced/purchased without a work order charge. Check the state website when purchasing a new phone.
New Line set up:
Qwest charges: $95.00 to bring the line to the campus (can take up to eight working days). Physical Plant will then bring it to the office requested at the Physical Plant rate.
Email the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for a new line. The below information is needed.
- What building and room number is the phone line needed in?
- What index is to be billed?
- Would you like voicemail?
- What call pick up group do you want it to go into?
- Do you want the line to roll to another number?
Call pick up group – This is the grouping so the phone number has the option being picked up by another phone (*68)
Rolling – When the phone rings after four rings it will roll to the next number in the group unless it has voicemail on the line.