How do I request to have my credential file sent or updated?
- There is an on-line request form. If you know that your credential file is complete, up-to date, and you want to send it to a school district, you may go to the link above and check ‘request to send’. If you would like to update your credential file, go to the link above and check ‘request to update’.
What is the cost for a credential file?
- The cost to send out your credential file is $5.00 per potential employer.
- The cost to update is $10.00.
- Once we get your paid request to update, we will send you an email with all the current documents you will need in order to complete the update. There will be instruction in the email as to what other documents you will need to include (i.e. official transcripts, teaching certificates, etc.)
- If you did not create a credential file prior to your graduation from DSU and would like to set one up now, please contact DSU Career Services for information. The cost would be $10.00 and the process will be similar to updating a credential file.
How long does it take to have a file mailed to prospective employers?
- If your credential file is complete and up-to-date, it will usually be mailed the same day the request is made unless the request is made after 1:00pm.
How long is my credential file active and can I make changes in it?
- Your file will remain active as long as you use your file. After a period of non-use, it becomes inactive, but it is not destroyed. To update or make changes to your file, contact the Career Services Office for the appropriate paperwork. Updates should be done if you have changed your name, your position, or if you are seeking a new position. The cost to update your credential file is $10.00. Click here to request or update your credential file.
What if I have questions?
- Career Services Office
Dakota State University
206C Heston Hall
Madison, SD 57042
- Call us: 605-256-5122
- E-mail at email@example.com.