|| Music Department Assistant
|Number of Positions Available
|Description of Duties
- Office work: Filing and organizing.
- Maintenance of the Music Library: Filing, and organization of materials used.
- Reorganization of the Music Library: Rearranging the music in the music Library for per the Music Director's specifications.
- Maintenance of the instrumental storage room: Cleaning and organizing.
- Assistance with musical productions: Assisting the director in her efforts to compose and arrange music for the department by proofing and inputting of musical notes on music software, and posting music clips to D2L.
||The ability to read music notation, organizational skills, problem solving, flexibility of schedule and good work ethic
||The ability to hear pitch and articulate rhythm, conducting skills or a willingness to learn conducting skills, willingness to learn basic skills on various music software programs for Macintosh systems including Garage Band/Logic and Print Music/Finale.
|Expected Working Hours
||Office hours, weekends, evenings.
|Pay Class/Wage Range
||II, $7.25 - $7.65
605-256-5646 (Dakota Prairie Playhouse), 605-256-5272 (Beadle Hall)
||Beadle Hall #327 and Dakota Prairie Playhouse.