Request for Proposals
New Course Development or Course Revision - Summer, 2013
The availability of limited funding for new course development and course revision for instructional purposes for Summer 2013 is announced. The agreements are designed to aid the development of new curriculum for Online course, Dual Credit course and University Center hybrid course delivery. Funding proposals must include the integration of Desire2Learn (D2L) and meet Quality Assurance standards.
Preference will be given to proposals for general education courses, online and University Center degree program courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Funded proposals must include the integration of Desire2Learn and Quality Assurance standards.
Compensation is determined using the following guidelines:
- Up to $1,000 per credit hour for new course development
- Up to $500 per credit hour for major course revision
Preparation of Proposals:
Completion and electronic submission to Susan Eykamp of a course development proposal is due by April 15th, 2013. Please include each of these sections in the grant proposal:
- Completed Proposal.
- If the project is collaborative, describe the collaborative efforts.
- E-mail letter of support from the appropriate dean.
In evaluation and prioritization of proposals received, the committee will be guided by the criteria listed below. The proposal should indicate how the course development proposal meets the criteria.
- Is the proposal creative and innovative and meets the needs of the institution?
- Is the proposed use of alternative delivery appropriate for the target course?
- Availability of funding
- Proposal submission deadline: April 15, 2013
- Notification of Awards: April 30, 2013
Disbursement of Funds:
Awarded funds will be disbursed in the semester in which the course is offered.