2013 Dakota State University Summer Financial Aid and Work Study Information
Please review these items regarding summer financial aid prior to applying for summer financial aid. Contact the DSU Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 605-256-5152 with any questions.
- Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. To be awarded Federal financial aid, we must receive valid FAFSA results and you must be accepted into a DSU degree-seeking program. Students eligible for Pell Grant may want to submit the 2012-13 FAFSA if they did not attend full-time during the 2012-13 school year to obtain unused grant funds (if eligible).
- Must be enrolled at least half-time with the SD Board of Regents System. Complete an application for summer financial aid if you plan on enrolling in at least 6 credit hours (5 credit hours for graduate students) throughout the entire summer term, are degree-seeking at DSU, and are seeking Federal financial aid to assist toward your educational costs over the summer. (In some cases, Federal Pell Grant may be awarded if enrollment is less than 6 credit hours.) Credits can be with any SD BOR university (BHSU, DSU, NSU, SDSU, SDSM&T, and USD).
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements: To be eligible for summer financial aid, you must meet the minimum standards of the Dakota State University Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy as of the end of the 2013 Spring semester; must have completed 67% of the total credits attempted with a 2.0 or greater cumulative GPA. In addition, your progress will be evaluated for Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements upon completion of the summer term if you enter the summer sessions on Financial Aid Probation.
- Federal Direct and PLUS Loan information: Summer federal loan disbursements will reduce your academic year loan funds. For example, student with less than 32 completed credits has Direct loan eligibility of $3,500 for the year, borrowed $875 during summer, remaining eligibility for fall/spring is $2,625. Dates of Federal Direct and PLUS loan disbursements will coincide with the summer sessions in which you are enrolled. Summer loan funds are NEVER distributed before your classes start in case a class were to be cancelled.
Summer Federal Work Study
- Complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. We must receive valid FAFSA results from you before award consideration to determine eligibility. If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you must complete this process in order for DSU to determine work study eligibility.
- May I work and be enrolled over the summer? You may have both part-time Federal Work Study and Federal loan awarded to you if you are enrolled at least half-time in the summer. To be eligible for Federal Work Study you must be a summer school student OR be enrolled at DSU at least half-time during the 2013 Fall semester.
- If you are employed through Dakota State University Federal Work Study, and you decide you will not enroll during the 2013 Fall semester at DSU, you are immediately not eligible for Federal Work Study and must stop working (unless you are enrolled half-time during summer). Please notify the Financial Aid Office immediately.
- Jobs Available:
2013 Summer Federal Work Study Job Listing
**Full-time is 25-30 hours per week depending on pay rate, Part-time is 10-20 hours per week depending on pay rate. Full-time positions may be split into 2 part-time positions.**