Direct Deposit is required of any DSU employee, including student labor, and is also available to work study. You will have your paycheck automatically deposited in your checking or savings account on payday.
How Direct Deposit Works
On payday your pay advice showing gross salary, taxes, other deductions, and net pay, can be accessed from the SNAP portal. Your money will already have been deposited in your account. The amount of the deposit will appear on your bank statement.
Benefits of Direct Deposit
- It saves trips to the bank.
- It saves time in depositing checks - no long payday lines to wait in.
- It eliminates the possibility of lost, stolen, or forged checks.
- Your money is deposited faster - reduces the possibility of overdrafts.
- It means you get your money deposited to your account even if you're on vacation or away from the office on business or illness.
To establish a direct deposit, or to update your existing direct deposit information, you need to complete a direct deposit form which can be found on the Human Resources website or by stopping by the Human Resources Office.
If you are unable to establish a qualifying account at a financial institution, fill out the Exemption section of the form, sign it, and return it to us. The information will be verified before check payments can be processed.
If you have any questions, or need assistance in filling out this form, please contact Human Resources at:
TEL: (605) 256-5134