Dakota State University accepts undergraduate applications for Fall (starting in late August) and Spring (starting in early January) semesters. Application deadlines are:
- Fall Semester: May 15
- Spring Semester: October 15
International students should apply using the paper application or online application .
The following items should be mailed directly to our office:International Programs OfficeDakota State University820 N. Washington Avenue -- TCB 303Madison, SD 57042 USA
- Completed application form
- All official academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas, in English (including secondary and post-secondary)
**ECE reports for post-secondary coursework completed outside the US.
- Official proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, or ACT/SAT sub-scores)
- Official SAT or ACT score report if applicable
- Certificate of Financial Ability and Bank Statements
**Federal Government Regulations require potential students to provide evidence that they have the ability to cover expenses for one academic year.
- Copy of current visa and I-20 if presently in the US
- Application fee of $20 (payable by credit card or bank check made to Dakota State University
To avoid delays in an admission decision, please send all your documents at once.
ACT and SAT scores are not required for admission but are required for many of our institutional scholarships.
Upon admission, proof of 2 MMR immunizations and a refundable enrollment deposit of $1,500 are must be received before your I-20 will be mailed.