Dakota State University
820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 57042 USA
Dakota English Language Institute Admission
All students from abroad who wish to study English in the Dakota English Language Institute are required to submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Required $20 application fee
- Complete transcripts (marks sheets) for high school/secondary and post-secondary levels AND graduation confirmation.
- Official copies or certified (true) copies or your original documents are required showing a minimum of 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale and your class rank.
- If your documents are not in English, they must be submitted to ECE for a "catalog match" course-by-course evaluation.
- Post-secondary (college/university) transcripts require course description in English to determine credit transferability. Course descriptions are NOT required for admission, but they should be sent prior to arrival.
- If you are currently in the US on an F visa, please submit a photocopy of your current I-20.
- If available, please submit a copy of your passport to ensure an accurate I-20.
- To provide the quickest receipt of your I-20 , please include your Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) with your application materials.