- Where do I start? This page offers advice if you don't know what research database or search tool to use.
- Request full articles and books not available online or in Library; distance students may request any items not available online.
"Search (almost) Everything" - WorldCat Discovery (beta)
As a "discovery" interface to library resources, "Search (almost) Everything" is intended to be a "google-like" single search box that searches most of the library's research databases at one time. It is still in development (in "beta" mode), so
- You may see functional glitches now and again.
- The number of research databases being searched will grow over the next several months.
- To find out which databases are being searched, do a search. At the top of the results window, click on "Advanced search." On the Advanced Search window, click "Add or remove databases" and the list of databases will display
Searches will retrieve books, ebooks, journal articles, and more. Options on the left side of the results screen will allow you to narrow results to particular types of materials, publication years, etc. The options also include the choice of searching just Dakota State University or searching libraries across the U.S. and around the world.
"Search (almost) Everything" is an implementation of WorldCat Discovery. The software is expected to move from "beta" to "alpha" around December 2014.