- Where do I start? This page offers advice if you don't know what research database or search tool to use.
- Request full articles and books not available online or in Library; distance students may request any items not available online.
Distance Students: Services of the Mundt Library
Access to Electronic Resources at the Mundt Library
Your special library ID number and library password are the keys to your access to many research databases provided by the Mundt Library when you are not on DSU's Madison campus. For more information and login instructions, see Login Instructions.
If you are unable to login with your ID and password, please contact the library.
The following library services are provided for E-Education (distance) and University Center (Sioux Falls) students enrolled in Dakota State University courses. If you have questions, please contact Risë Smith or Mary Francis.
Mundt Library Online
Mundt Library Online provides access to the Mundt Library's materials, services, and staff, including links to:
Research databases that are used to find magazine & journal articles, books, and other materials for research.
- To select a research database, go to the middle of the library home page and click on "Library Catalog" to search the library's catalog or "Research Databases by Subject" to select other research databases.
- If you know the name of the database you need, use the "Database QuickLinks" dropdown menu in the upper right corner of library web pages to select the database.
- Instructions for off-campus access to these research databases may be found in the section called "Access to Electronic Resources"
Course & Subject Research Guides that help you identify good sources for specific courses or broad subjects. Use the "Course & Subject Research Guides" dropdown menu in the upper right corner of library web pages to select one of these guides.
Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan
When E-Education and University Center (Sioux Falls) students are not able to get online access to the sources they need for research, the Mundt Library will deliver the materials to them. For example, materials include:
- Photocopies of articles from magazines, newspapers, journals, and reference sources. They are emailed and do not need to be returned. No charge.
- Books and other materials which must be returned to the Mundt Library within a designated time period. They are mailed directly to the student or delivered to the University Center in Sioux Falls. E-Education students pay the cost of shipping materials back to the Mundt Library. However, students at the University Center in Sioux Falls may pickup and return items at the Resource Center on the second floor to avoid incurring return-shipping charges.
- Items not owned by the Mundt Library. The Library can usually borrow items from other libraries in order to deliver them to students.
To request a specific item, go to: Interlibrary Loan. Please follow instructions there for obtaining materials.
Tutorials & Help
If you want to learn how to do research or need help finding information, take a
look at our Tutorials & Tipsheets page
to find tutorials, guides, and other instructional materials.
Ask a librarian
When you need help finding information, please request assistance
Ask a Librarian link. We are happy to help.
E-Education and University Center (Sioux Falls) students are responsible for returning borrowed items to the Mundt Library by the date designated at the time of the loan. Students will be charged for overdue, damaged, or lost items.
The Mundt Library is committed to providing service in a timely manner. To facilitate your research, we provide as much scholarly material as possible online. Links to these information services may be found in the middle section of the library home page in "Research Databases by Subject" and "Research Databases A-Z". They may also be found in the "Database Quicklinks" dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the library's web pages.
However, when we must borrow material from another library and/or send items through the mail to you, we cannot guarantee an exact delivery time. Please plan ahead and request help and services early. In general:
Items owned by the Mundt Library are emailed, if possible. Items that we cannot email will be sent via U.S. mail or UPS within 1 working day (excluding Saturday, Sunday & holidays) after we receive the request.
Items that must be obtained from other libraries will be emailed, if possible. Items that we cannot email will be sent via U.S. mail, UPS, or some other delivery service when the Mundt Library receives them -- generally 10-15 days.
"Every student, faculty member, administrator, staff member,
or any other member of an institution of higher education, is entitled
to the library services and resources of that institution, including
direct communication with the appropriate library personnel,
regardless of where enrolled or where located in affiliation with
[Source: Standards for Distance Learning Library Services. 2008. Association of College and Research Libraries. Approved by the ACRL Board of Directors, 1 July 2008.]