- Where do I start? This page offers advice if you don't know what research database or search tool to use.
- Request full articles and books not available online or in Library; distance students may request any items not available online.
Reserve Library Rooms and Areas
How to Reserve
The Library accepts reservation requests for rooms and spaces on the first and second floor of the Library building. Requests to use the Mundt Foundation (basement level) are handled by the Karl E. Mundt Foundation office.
Library Room Reservations (1st and 2nd floors):
Check availability and make requests using DSU's room reservation system R25 Webviewer. Brief instructions for R25 Webviewer:
- Find "R25 Webviewer" in the SignIn menu at the top of the DSU home page.
- In the R25 Webviewer, click on “My Requests” at top of the window.
- Click the “New Request” link to create and submit the room request.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive email notification from the library. The reservation will then show in the R25 room calendar.
- If you have questions, Ask a Librarian .
- Mundt Foundation Reservations (lower,
basement level of library):
Check availability and make requests using DSU's room reservation system R25 Webviewer.
If you have questions or need help with your reservation, contact Bonnie Olson in the Karl E. Mundt Foundation office via phone at (605) 256-5211 or by email .
The following rooms and spaces on the first and second floors are available for use and must be reserved in advance.
Located on the second floor; this library classroom contains rolling modular tables and chairs for easy rearrangement. Seats 35 people comfortably in a classroom setting. Room may hold more if additional chairs may be added. Has whiteboard, screen, wireless computer/video projector, DVD player, and VCR.
When not being used by a library class, it may be reserved for meetings or events. When not reserved, individuals and groups may use the room, first-come-first-served, for practicing presentations or studying. Check out the remotes for the equipment at the Library's main desk.
2nd floor Open Classroom.
Located at the top of the front stairway, this classroom without walls has 6-person tables; seats up to 36 people. Has screen, wireless computer projector, and portable whiteboard. The remote for the projector may be checked out from the Library's main desk.
Located on the second floor, this room seats 8 - 10 people. Has whiteboard.
Located on the second floor, this room seats 6 people around a single table. Has whiteboard table surface. A portable whiteboard may be moved into the room.
For special arrangements, contact the Director (Ethelle Bean).