Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
Puts, calls, and futures, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, charging bulls and hungry bears. From the outside, the world of finance can seem like a secret society with it's own handshakes and code words. But the world of finance shapes communities, nations, and our world. It creates jobs, builds infrastructure, and impacts the fates of actors, politicians, and students.
By studying finance with us here at DSU, you'll learn to apply software to financial scenarios, to make informed predictions about investments and insurance, and to work both as an individual and as part of a team. At the end of it all, you'll be able to work for the toughest boss of all, should you choose: yourself, and you'll be equipped to charge with the bulls and find shelter from those bears. If you know what we mean. <Wink>.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. (ACBSP)
Possible Job Titles:
- Financial Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Ag Loan Officer
- Personal Banker
- Financial Planner
- Short-term Debt Manager
- Corporate Finance Manager
- Insurance Manager
Benefits of a DSU Degree?
- Class size/personal attention (Faculty-Student ratio):
- Advanced finance courses typically have 20-25 students in them.
- Cool facts or interesting things about this major:
- How to retire as a millionaire: http://courses.dsu.edu/finance/retire.htm
- What type of special opportunities can students take part in?