MBA Program Goals
The Masters of Business Administration in General Management program will prepare individuals for careers in business as well as provide opportunities for career enhancement. The program will prepare students from a variety of backgrounds for professional or career advancement or a career change.
The curriculum includes decision-making, finance, ethics, leadership, and information technology. The MBA program supports both student demand and Sioux Falls workforce needs by preparing students for growth in their careers or for new careers in business.
The program is intended to meet that demand, particularly for entry-level and lower-middle management professionals who are pursuing the degree as a means of improving their business expertise and employment prospects.
Specific MBA Goals
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and management.
- Graduates will apply their knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and management to business and professional situations.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of management information systems and project management as they relate to organizational functions.
- Graduates will use analytical, technical, and critical thinking skills to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to employ ethical principles and legal reasoning when making business decisions.