MSIA Program Requirements
The program requires 30 hours beyond the baccalaureate. All students must take the following:
- Six core courses (18 credit hours)
- A four-course sequence (12 credit hours) in a specialization. Specializations include Banking and Financial Security and CyberSecurity.
- Certain courses will have a mandated lab component. Lab assignments may require specialized hardware and/or software, which will be available in specific computer labs on campus.
- Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering will be required to take specified knowledge courses as a condition of admission. Actual coursework required will depend upon previous academic coursework.
- Students who are lacking appropriate math coursework will have to take a DSU foundational math course (MATH 509).
- All students will complete a comprehensive exam as part of their final Assessment Activity. Candidates for graduation will complete the comprehensive exam or within the appropriate time and dates given to the students.