Dakota State Students Satisfied with College Experience
Students are very satisfied with their college experience at Dakota State University, according to the 2008 Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI.) The survey is an evaluation of the academic programs and services at college campuses across the nation. The SSI measures students' satisfaction with a wide range of college experiences, programs, and services. This survey provides information on how satisfied students are with DSU and what is most important to them. DSU's ratings are compared to over 100,000 students from four-year public universities around the country.
DSU students gave very high satisfaction ratings to their computer abilities, advisor, and the campus. The top ranked items based on average satisfaction are:
1. The campus is safe and secure.
2. On the whole, the campus is well-maintained.
3. Bookstore staff are helpful.
4. This institution has a good reputation within the community.
5. I am able to utilize Web Advisor to access critical student information.
6. Computer usage in my courses reinforces and/or expands my computer skills.
7. My academic advisor is knowledgeable about requirements in my major.
8. Nearly all of the faculty are knowledgeable in their field.
9. My academic advisor is approachable.
10. Faculty are usually available after class and during office hours.
11. The campus staff are caring and helpful.
DSU students' average satisfaction ratings were significantly higher than the national averages in all twelve areas, including concern for the individual, instructional effectiveness, campus life, academic advising and campus support services. Dakota State students have participated in the web-based survey since 2000.