Registration Now Open for DAD Camp
Registration is now open for the Digital Arts and Design Camp sponsored by the Department of Digital Arts and Design at Dakota State University. The one week camp will held on the DSU campus in Madison, SD July 25-30.
The camp is designed for high school students who will be entering 9th-12th grades, at all levels of technical expertise. Students may choose to be day campers and commute to classes or they can choose to be dorm residents for the week.
The six courses being offered include:
- Animation Revolution! An Introduction to 3D Animation in which students will render and produce their own 3D animation project.
- Show Me A Story! An Introduction to Digital Storytelling in which students will create and illustrate their own digital story.
- Picture This! An Introduction to Digital Photography that teaches basic composition, editing and enhancing of digital photos.
- Audacious Audio! An Introduction to Digital Audio Production featuring the production of audacious sound projects in DSU's new sound studio.
- Caught in the Web! An Introduction to Web Design in which students will learn new software and design techniques for webpage creation.
- Graphic Traffic! An Introduction to Computer Graphic Design featuring exciting special effects and graphic design programs.
Students will sign up for a morning class and an afternoon class. On the last day of camp, students will display their final projects at the camp digital art show, open to parents, friends and the public.
The coordinator of the camp is DAD faculty member, Susan Conover. Classes will be taught by Dakota State University Digital Arts and Design faculty including, Scott Mackenzie, Bob Jackson, Tom Jones, Dan Mortenson, Linn Nelson, and Brad Hesser. DSU Digital Arts and Design majors Margaret Pilatzki and Cody Thaler will be student assistants at the camp.
Registration and fee information can be found on the camp website at: www.dsu.edu/arts-sciences/dad-camp/index.aspx
Contact camp coordinator Susan.Conover@dsu.edu, 605-256-5662, for more information.