DSU Downtown Sept. 25th
On Wednesday, Sept. 25th, Dakota State University is bringing its campus downtown at various locations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to show Madison area residents what DSU has to offer not only to its students, but also the Madison community.
DSU will bring a touch of campus to Great Western Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, First Bank and Trust, East River Federal Credit Union, Sunshine Foods and the Stadium. Various groups from campus will represent different areas of the university:
- Wells Fargo Bank will be the location to visit the DSU Graduate office, Sponsored Programs, the Mundt Library and the DSU Marketing office with games and prizes.
- First Bank and Trust will host the College of Arts and Sciences, which includes Art, English and Science departments. Exhibits will feature science demonstrations and student and faculty work.
- East River Federal Credit Union will be the location for International Programs, Distance Education, Health Information Management (HIM) and the Center for Advancement of Health Information Technology (CAHIT) will also be there representing HealthPOINT, SD Health Link and Health EDventure.
- The Stadium will house DSU Alumni and live music from DSU professor, Nathan Edwards.
- At the Great Western Bank location, the College of Business and Information Systems will be present with information and new technology demos. Also, 20 minute technology workshops will be given through-out the day starting at 11 a.m. The topics of the workshops are:
- Creating Facebook profiles and connecting with friends and relatives
- Creating Twitter accounts and the differences between Twitter and Facebook
- Privacy online and safe browsing practices
Sunshine Foods will also be handing out reusable DSU grocery bags in honor of homecoming week.
DSU President Dr. David Borofsky will be visiting the various locations to discuss what his plans are for DSU and building partnerships throughout the community. There will also be DSU representatives hitting the streets of downtown Madison to encourage visitors to check out what the local university has to offer.
“After canceling last spring’s downtown event due to weather, we are very excited to bring DSU downtown again,” says Dr. Borofsky. “We are happy to be able to partner with these local businesses along with showing the folks of Madison who DSU is. We want the whole community to be aware of what we can offer them and how they can be a part of the University.”
The “DSU Downtown” event is just one of the many activities taking place during DSU Homecoming week. The Inauguration of the 22nd president of DSU, Dr. David Borofsky, will be Friday, September 27, 2013 at the Dakota Prairie Playhouse at 4 p.m. The reception will take place before the ceremony at 3 p.m.
The public is invited to attend all events on the DSU campus during the week. To view other DSU activities taking place during Homecoming week, go to www.dsu.edu/student-life/homecoming/schedule.aspx.