The Physical Plant has the responsibility for maintaining the local Fleet and Travel motor pool. Faculty, staff, and students may use the state vehicles for official university business.
Athletics, BIS, Education, Natural Sciences and Liberal Arts: Please contact your division secretary to make your reservations. All other departments can make reservations by using the reservation form on the right side of this page. Requests from students must be submitted by the advisor of an approved DSU organization.
DSU Fleet Vehicle Rates
Full Size Sedan
- 32 cents per mile
- 6 vehicles available
- Up to 6 passengers
- 36 cents per mile
- 1 vehicle available
- Up to 7 passengers
- 47 cents per mile
- 4 vehicles available
The South Dakota Safety Council checklist for winter driving
- Always use seat belts.
- Allow plenty of travel time.
- Clear snow and ice from all vehicle windows, hood, headlights, brake lights and directional signals.
- Adjust speed to road and weather conditions. Slow down to help avoid crashes and minimize those that occur.
- Keep a safe stopping distance between vehicles, and leave extra room between your vehicle and snow plows or other removal equipment.
- Avoid using cruise control.
- Turn on headlights when it's snowing or sleeting (it's the law).
For free fact sheets, see the SD Safety Council Web site at www.southdakotasafetycouncil.org