Application for Summer 2012 Program
Who May Apply?
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Applicants must be in the sophomore, junior, or senior year of undergraduate study in computer science, computer and network security, software engineering, information systems, or related areas. Applicants must plan to complete a degree program. Senior students graduating before July 2012 are not eligible.
- Applicants must have a research interest in information assurance and security, preferably with a grade point average(GPA) of 3.0 or higher. However, students with a strong research motivation but a relatively lower GPA are also encouraged to apply.
- Women, minorities, and students from undergraduate institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
- Step 1: Submit your application form online.
- Before submitting your application, you should review our research areas and sample projects and think about your research interests.
- If you need to update your submitted application, you will need to submit a new application form.
- Click here to complete your application form.
- Step 2: Submit a copy of the following documents
- Official college transcript(s)
- Resume/CV, including information on the following if applicable, fellowships, awards, academic honors, related research work, and list of publications
- One-page essay, including your background, career objectives, research interest and experience, research statement, etc.)
- Step 3: Send one letter of recommendation by a faculty from your department.
- The recommender should provide his/her observations of your academic qualifications, research qualifications, personal attitudes (e.g., initiative, maturity, dependability), relationship to you (e.g., faculty advisor) and how long he/she has known you.
- Your application is not complete until all the materials in the above three steps have been received. Application materials for steps 2 and 3 should be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to the following address:
- ATTN: REU
National Center for the Protection of the Financial Infrastructure
Dakota State University
820 N Washington Ave
Madison, SD 57042
- ATTN: REU
All applications will be evaluated by the faculty mentors according to the applicant's academic background (e.g., courses and GPA), research interest, and quality of the essay. Preferences will be given to minority and female students. There are nine positions each year; five or six of them will be offered to the applicants from other institutions.
Important Dates for Summer 2012 program
- Application deadline: 5:00pm (Central Time), March 31, 2012
- Notification: April 15, 2012
- Summer Program: May 28 - July 27, 2012
- Program orientation: May 29, 2012
- Last day of program: July 27, 2012