Frequently Asked Questions

What if I lose my card?

You need to immediately notify the Student Services Center so we can put a freeze on your account as anyone that finds it could use it to purchase items from vending machines, copy machines, and laundry. Once your card is frozen it will not be able to be used for any type of purchase. We will keep it this way until you either find your card or get a replacement card in which case we will deactivate your old card completely. You can freeze your card immediately using our online eAccounts service. You can also unfreeze your card if you find it.

I replaced my ID, but found the old card, can I reactivate the old card?

No. Once a card has been reprinted the old card number is retired and can not be reused for security purposes. This prevents someone else finding your card and using it. A retired card is different than a frozen card. Frozen cards can be reused.

How much does a replacement card cost?

A replacement card costs $20.00 and can be obtained in the Student Services Center between the hours of 8-5pm Monday through Friday.

What can Trojan Gold be used for?

You are able to use Trojan Gold on campus at the TC Bookstore, Production Center, Concessions, Vending Machines, Laundry Machines, Copiers, the Marketplace, Java City, and Bits 'N Bytes convenience store. You may also use Trojan Gold off campus at Pizza Ranch, Taco John's, Classic Corner Convenience, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Stadium Sports Grill and our newest merchant Scooby's C-Store.

Why should I use Trojan Gold?

Using Trojan Gold has many advantages over using cash. It saves time and you don't have to worry about having a pocket full of coins. For example, you want to do laundry and you need a roll of quarters. You will have to make a special trip somewhere to get quarters but if you have Trojan Gold all you need to do is swipe your card and it will deduct the money off of it right away. Using Trojan Gold is also safe and there is no risk. If you lose money out of your pocket chances are it's gone, but if you lose your ID Card your funds are secured if you notify the Student Services Center immediately. The Trojan Gold card is also free and is a part of your ID Card. There are no hidden fees so whatever you deposit on your account is the funds available to you for use.

What happens when I leave for summer break?

You are able to use your Trojan Gold anytime, even in the summer. If you live further away your funds will carry over from semester to semester so you don't need to worry that your Trojan Gold will be gone when you come back in the fall.

Can I get a refund from my Trojan Gold account?

Once money is added to your Trojan Gold account it is not able to be withdrawn for cash. However, if you are transferring, leaving DSU, or will be graduating from DSU you can notify the Student Services Center and a refund will be issued to you if the balance left on your account is over $20.00. If your balance is less than $20.00 it is nonrefundable and you will need to just use up whatever funds are left on your card.

How can I open my Trojan Gold account?

You may start your Trojan Gold account in a number of ways. You may indicate on your meal plan sheet an amount you would like designated for Trojan Gold. You can stop in the Student Services Center during operational hours and put money onto your account. You may also use our online eAccounts service.

How can I add funds to my Trojan Gold account?

You can add funds to your account by stopping at the Student Services Center where we accept cash, check, or debit/credit card. You can also add funds through mail, over the phone, or online.

What if I have a question on my balance?

If you have questions regarding Trojan Gold or your current balance you may stop by the Student Services Center and we can print you a report showing you where you have used your Trojan Gold. Also, you may call Kim Wermers in the Card Services Office at 5225 or e-mail me at and I will answer the questions you have. Our online eAccounts service offers this balance information, too.

Where can I get my Trojan Gold card?

Your Trojan Gold card is also your University ID Card. It will be available to you at your residence hall when you check in or if you live off campus you can pick your ID Card up at the Student Services Center.

Last Updated: 10/15/12