Housing Exemption Request Process
Students seeking an exemption need to supply;
- A written statement addressed to the director of residence life explaining the medical reason they are seeking an exemption.
- The medical exemption physician's form must also be filled out and returned to the office
Deadline dates for receipt of all medical exemption information;
- July 15 for the upcoming fall semester from existing students
- December 4 for the upcoming spring semester from existing students
Exemption requests from new to DSU individuals will be addressed on a case by case basis.
Exemption requests will be reviewed by a campus committee consisting of;
- Director of residence life
- Assistant director of residence life
- A representative from the student development office
- A representative from the physical plant
Exemption committee meetings will be held;
- 3rd week of December
Administrative promotion of medical exemption information;
- 1st week of November
- Last week of March
The foundation for committee decisions will be the form submitted by the physician and the written statement provided by the student. The committee has the option to request a conference call with the student, if necessary, to help them reach a decision.