Move In FAQ:
- When are move in days? The residence halls will be open to FYRE and transfer students at 8:00am on Friday, August 22, 2014.
Richardson Hall, Emry Hall, and the 8Plex Apartments will be open to upper-class students at 8:00am on Saturday, August 23, 2014 and Sunday, August 24, 2014.
- When are first year students expected to be moved in by? All first year students are asked to be moved in by 3:00 pm on Friday, August 22, 2014.
- What am I supposed to do once I arrive on campus? Please report to the main lobby of the residence hall or apartment complex you have been assigned to. The hall staff will issue each student the Trojan ID card, room key, mailbox number and combination, parking pass if ordered online, and room condition card.
- Where can I park upon arrival on move in day? There will be staff and signage guiding you to designated parking areas upon your arrival.
- Will there be someone available to help me move in? Yes, campus volunteers will be organized to assist on Friday, August 22, 2014.
- Can I arrive prior to move in day and move into my hall? Early move in is possible beginning on Monday, August 18, 2014. An early move in fee of $15.00/day will be charged up to your official move in day.
- When will my meal plan be active? Your first contracted meal will be available on Saturday, August 23, 2014.
- Where can my family members and I eat on move in day? DSU faculty/staff and alumni will be manning barbecue grills from 11:00am to 2:00pm on Friday. Feel free to grab a hamburger, hot dog, bag of chips and a cold drink free of charge. Grills will be located outdoors between residence halls. New students will receive a spaghetti supper Friday night as part of orientation activities.
- What activities are planned for me on move in day? New student orientation activities begin at 3:00pm on Friday, August 22, 2014. Events include introductions to your orientation leaders and members of your assigned orientation group, group meetings designated to allow you to get to know fellow students better, supper, performance by Scratch & Bang and a movie/game night.