TIME FOR TIPS & TIPS FOR TIME
Review the following list and choose the tips that fit your particular time management needs! Remember to design an individualized time management system that fits your personality, so it will be more effective for you!
1. Be realistic with yourself regarding how much you can actually accomplish in a given time period.
2. Realize that all tasks are not equally important and set priorities on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis.
3. Fine-tune your ability to say "NO" to additional responsibilities that infringe on your personal, work, and/or leisure time.
4. Be aware of your peak energy periods and plan to do activities, which require a high level of concentration and performance, during those times.
5. Ask yourself "What's the best use of my time right now?" and focus on that particular activity.
6. Remember that striving for perfection takes time and usually isn't necessary. Complete tasks well enough to get the results you really need.
7. Realize that many tasks/responsibilities can be delegated to others. Be sure to communicate your expectations clearly.
8. Make basic decisions quickly to save energy for the more important and difficult decisions.
9. Approach overwhelming responsibilities with a positive attitude, and learn to break large tasks into small, achievable ones.
10. Make use of "waiting" time, by having small, uncomplicated tasks/activities to do...or simply plan to enjoy this time and relax.
11. Request uninterruptible time whenever needed to achieve goals. Take control of your environment at home and/or work to establish a conducive place for task involvement and completion.
12. Set goals and reward yourself when you've accomplished them.
13. Always remind yourself of the benefits you'll derive from task completion.
14 Free time, leisure activities, and exercise need to be scheduled/prioritized, as well as work activities.
Circle three "tips for time" that you can incorporate into your individualized time management system:
Write one goal which needs attention now:
A balanced lifestyle is a positive outcome of effective time management!